Monday, May 01, 2006

How To Raise Good Christian Children, Part 2

We all wish our children to grow up to be decent, loving adults who respect God and country. But this doesn't happen in a vacuum! For the ladies who've asked me for advice on how to properly raise a girl in today's society, I've written a list of easy to follow steps that I hope you'll find helpful!

1. Schooling. Ideally a girl should be homeschooled. However, this is a large responsibility for the parents. If you are not qualified to teach in certain areas, make sure to find someone who is! Ask at your church, they may have study groups led by members who are either teaching now, or are retired. Girls should be taught subjects which will help them run their future households. It's a good idea for a homeschooling mother to create a course based on her daily activities. This type of hands on learning will be invaluable to your daughter when she has her own home and family.

2. Very young girls should be spoiled by their parents to a point, especially their father. Do not reward tantrums or other bad behavior! However coyness and manipulation through smiles and charm are positive attributes which will make her life easier in the future.

3. Curfews for girls are a non-issue. They should ask your permission everytime they wish to leave the house, until they have married or have gone off to university. There is no need for a girl to be "hanging out" at the mall or on streetcorners. Your daughter should be involved in various activites outside of the home to balance the social aspect of homeschooling. These activities will allow her more than enough time outside of the home.

4. Friends. This is a very tricky issue. Girls are more easily influenced than boys, therefore you must be VERY CAREFUL when choosing her friends. All girls need a BestFriend. It's best to choose two girls who live close-by for your daughter to be friends with. This way she can choose which one she likes best and the other can be her fall-back friend. Choose girls who are shy, fat and unpopular. This will help to keep the boys away. And remember, you're not just choosing a friend, but you are choosing a friend's family. Make sure every child your daughter comes in contact with is from a decent, upperclass, Christian home.

5. Entertainment. To make sure your daughter does not lack in social skills, homeschooled children should be invloved in many activities outside of the home. These activities can double as her entertainment. If you involve her in a church social club, make sure you are also involved in the group. Young girls should never be left without chaperones if young boys are present, in any setting. The only way you can make sure she won't be is if you're there. NEVER allow your daughter to go to a "dance" even at the church. She'll get a reputation as a slut. She can dance at her wedding.

6. Dating. There is no excuse for allowing your daughter to "date." Period. It is the responsibility of the parent to keep their daughter away from boys. One date leads to more dates and pretty soon she'll be dating boys you don't approve of behind your back. Young boys are nothing but hormone machines and if you don't want your daughter knocked up by some heathen in a black leather jacket and a nose ring....keep her HOME and with you. Boys will say ANYTHING to get her into a sexual situation. Sometimes it only takes a smooth talking low-life hood one opportunity to fill her head with lies and to fill her belly with a baby. Maybe you think you can trust her...but you sure can't trust HIM! Her social activities will bring her into contact with boys in a proper setting, remember there is NO REASON for a young girl to be alone with a young boy EVER. Her reputation will suffer and no decent man will ever want to marry her.

7. Music. After friends, music is the biggest influence on young girls. The music scene these days is aimed at turning your pre-teen daughters into prostitots. The idols and icons for young girls are half-naked, whorishly made-up, sexually suggestive OBJECTS of fake woman-hood. The message geared toward teen girls is BE A SLUT! WOMEN = SEX OBJECTS! And not only that, but the music itself is just BAD! There's no need for young girls to listen to any music except classical, not even Christian "rock" or "rap." And of course, music videos are OUT of the question. It's also good to have a girl learn an instrument, like the piano and to be taught music appreciation.

8. Clothing and accessories. Young girls should dress like young girls, not like old whores. You are the person paying for the clothes, you should be the person choosing and purchasing the clothes. Her top should ALWAYS cover her belly, her chest and her shoulders. Skirts should never be higher than just above the knee and pants should button at the waist and not the hips. Clothes should fit properly, not be too tight or too baggy. Modesty is key. Make-up SHOULD NEVER BE ALLOWED. There is nothing more disgusting than a young girl with a face full of make-up. Unless it's a young girl with dyed hair. Leg shaving should NOT be allowed and neither should eyebrow shaping. THESE ARE LITTLE GIRLS!!! THEY ARE NOT FASHION MODELS OR POP STARS! NO EAR PIERCING! NO FACE PIERCINGS!! NO BLEACHING, WAXING OR SUGARING!! NO HIGHLIGHTS! NO HIGH HEELS!! NO PURSES!! NO CELL-PHONES!! NO NAIL POLISH!! NO PERFUME!! This is all common sense.

9. Behavior. A little girl should behave like a little angel. She should not have fits of temper, nor should she pout or cry. She should be taught to be like a beam of sunshine, silent yet warm and glowing. She should always sit properly, stand properly and never fidget. She should always be clean and tidy and properly dressed. Her hair should always be neat and combed. When at public functions, she should never leave your side unless you give her leave and she should never speak unless someone speaks to her first. She should mimic the behaviors of her mother when greeting people and always remember her manners at the dinner table. She should keep her room clean and do so without being asked. Her use of the phone should be restriced to calls under two minutes and only during certain hours. She should never be allowed to answer the phone or to use the phone without permission. Her internet use should be carefully monitored with no email or casual surfing allowed.

10. Punishment. Punishment for girls should absolutely never be physical. Also, never punish a girl by giving her housework. Housework should be fun for a young girl, an activity that she associates with home and family and love, never with punishment. If your daughter misbehaves, take away priviliges such as visiting her church social group, or ask her to write you an essay on why what she did was wrong. It's fine for single mothers to punish their daughters, but if she is too wild and out of hand, dont' be afraid to call in the male relatives to put the fear of God into her!

11. Religous instruction. The best religious instruction for a young girl can be found through your church. Bible study with special focus on a woman's role in a Christian home is a wonderful example of the type of courses available to young girls through the church. Make sure she remembers that even though she may not like the rules, it is in her own best interests to follow them, to make sure that she will be a good future wife and mother and so that she will be making Jesus proud.

So there you go ladies! Hopefully you'll find some ideas in here that will help you to raise your daughters as proper young Christian ladies, so that in the future they can become productive members of society and wonderful wives and mothers!

44 Comments:

At 2/5/06 3:07 AM, Blogger Hazel said...

Hello,

Firstly, I'd like to express that I do not agree with the method of parenting advocated in this post.

For background's sake, I am a left-wing teenager at university, from the UK. My mother is very strongly Christian and brought me up in a manner which, although nowhere even approaching as strict as the one outlined in your post left me extremely alienated and depressed for over ten years, something I'm only really getting a grip on now.

By suggesting that girls must stay at home and remain largely uneducated in anything other than the bible and housekeeping, you are refusing to acknowledge the (extremely positive!) way in which society has changed over the last hundred years or so. Now, everyone in the developed world has access to an education; wouldn't God think it truly wonderful that His children could learn about the world around them (which is, after all, the basis of most education) bearing in mind that he wanted humans to look after the world and everything in it?

Also... Jesus did not reject whores. Jesus walked with them. Which is not to say that he approved of prostitution as this would obviously be false but that he didn't make the sort of judgements you have in this post and certainly, he would not consider leaving the house after dark or using the phone for longer than two minutes to be a deadly sin. He didn't think girls were in some way less intelligent than boys (and I'm afraid you do make that assumption by suggesting that your daughter wouldn't notice the hypocrisy of her brother(s) being allowed out without permission and to go to school outside the home, etc. and you can't imagine that a child might not at least occasionally envy her male counterparts these things) and he said nothing of girls being unable to resist the hoodwinking of boys to get them into bed. (That really is a horribly outdated view... here in the UK, there are many teens who wait until marriage or do not have promiscuous sex without having to spend all their time in the house, I consider your views on teenage sex reactionary and extremely unhelpful for doing anything other than causing extremely strained relations with your children but perhaps you have experience of your methods working?)

I believe that to follow your advice listed here would be to effectively destroy everything childlike about a child, to crush her spirit and to particularly mock the idea of freedom that your Republicans are supposedly championing all over the place, these days. I would be extremely interested to hear (or indeed, read) your replies to this and would hope that you replied directly to my points, rather than dodging them as the internet generally facilitates people to do.

Hazel

 
At 2/5/06 9:11 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Bubbles,

The childhood I describe is a normal childhood. Running the strets drinking like you did is disgusting, and you're bragging how you want to raise your children like that?

As you say, your daughter loves the "crap" out of you, will you beat the "crap" out of her like you say your parents did to you?

SHAME!

 
At 2/5/06 9:11 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

"Strets" should be streets.

 
At 2/5/06 9:30 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

I'll be praying for your children. Please stop beating them. Thanks.

 
At 2/5/06 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be concerned about you Annie, but it seems you have neither a husband or children. Saying that, I find it a bit strange that you claim to know how to be a good Christian wife and how to raise good Christian children when you appear to have no experience doing either.

I also find it hypocritical that you say young Christian girls should never wear high heels and their skirts should never come far above their knees, which I agree is good commonsense, and yet your avatar is of your own naked legs in high heels. That doesn't seem to be commonsense to me.

 
At 2/5/06 11:39 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Julie, I'm very sorry for confusing you with BUBBLES. BUBBLES has thrown me for a loop by stating that she beats the crap out of her children.

I apologize for my confusion. I'm actually going to delete the post and repost the part to sassy. Sorry again.

 
At 2/5/06 11:40 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Repost to Sassy,

I'm an adult. I make my own decisions. If you want to pimp out your daughter, I can't stop you. Maybe you can relive your high school years through your daughter! She can tell you about all the boys she's fucking as you highlight her hair! Such bonding!

 
At 2/5/06 5:33 PM, Blogger Defective Writer said...

I was considering starting this with my usual "Now Honey", but honey, you don't warrant that... so...
Look Bitch, I'm Bubble's sister in law and I currently live with them so if anyone sees how THEY raise THEIR children, I do. My SIL and my brother have NEVER beat their children and if you don't understand the meaning of a "figure of speech" that's your problem. However, that aside, you repeatedly condemn her for "beating the crap out of her children" but absolutely refuse to comment on how you instructed Christian mothers to have their sons beat every day preemptively. Can anyone say HYPOCRIT? But feel free to keep dodging it... whatever makes you sleep better at night, honey.
My SIL is one of the most Christian, god-loving, kind, compassionate people I know... Hell, she did let (and I say "let" because regardless of the fact that my brother is the sole provider, this is her house as well) her husband's sister move in with them after she separated from and divorced her husband. That would be me. *begin sarcasm* After reading your post on How to be a good Christian Wife, I now understand that the failure of my marriage was all my fault. Nevermind that he was an emotionally and physically abusive alcoholic who drank away my paycheck (that's right - I worked outside of the home and made more money than he did) until the point that I was FORCED to file for bankruptcy and nevermind the fact that he cheated on me repeatedly (which is quite in spite of the fact that he is fat... I believe you said fat husbands don't cheat). Nope those aren't the reasons I divorced him. I divorced him because I am ashamed that I cared enough to ask him how his day was everyday, that I expected him to care enough about me to listen to my concerns no matter how trivial or hormone induced, that I am a WHORE because I served the poor bastard frozen orange juice and actually *gasp* sat down and ate breakfast with him that my house was not spotless because I was busy earning money to pay our electric bill while his unemployed ass sat on the couch. *end sarcasm*
Now I don't have children of my own so I can't sit here and say the best way to raise one, but I will say this: I was raised (along with my brothers) to be Christian. My mother read from the Bible, taught us the Ten Commandments, etc. However we were not raised under a specific domination or doctrine because my parents agreed to allow their children to CHOOSE for themselves what religion they wanted to be, not force one down their throats. They taught us right from wrong, the value of the truth above all else, and to trust in yourself more than others. I have grown up to be a strong, intelligent, kind, compassionate, and non-judgmental person because of that upbringing. And had my parents choose to raise me as you so advise in this post two things might have happened. 1) I would have grown up to be a mindless, self-sacrificing, slave that's sole purpose in life is to serve a family unit or 2) I would have rebelled in the worst sort of way, becoming all those things that they tried to force me not to be and eventually committed suicide. If I was raised in the way you suggested I would have had no way out of a bad marriage... NONE. I would not have been able to support myself, pay for a lawyer, and have enough self-esteem and strength to say "FUCK YOU," to that rat bastard, "I deserve so much better than this and I don't need you in my life to fulfill me or make me happy." I was right. I have done better and am happier than I ever was... a chance I would not have had had I been raised to have my decisions made for me at every turn, such as you suggest is necessary for young women (choosing their friends, their activities, etc). The only time I would ever disagree with my SIL and brother on the raising of THEIR children would be if they raised my niece as you suggest. I will not tolerate a female member of my family to become such a creature... EVER.
And Don't even try to say that I think that women who work inside the home are mindless yada, yada, yada. Far from it. Women who work inside the home solely have a very difficult job and NEVER receive the respect they deserve in today's society. However, regardless of the fact that they do not bring home a paycheck, they are deserving of more respect than to cater to the whim of a man. She should NEVER think for one instance that her concerns (whether they are a PMS induced crying jag or not) are trivial and they should be expressed freely and without reservation. They are an equal partner in that relationship and have every right to know where their husbands are at all times, to know how every dollar is spent, and they should expect their husbands to share equally in the raising of THEIR children. And if they want to sit down at any damn table in their house and eat with their husband it is their right. My SIL is a house wife and wonderful mother and I hold her in the utmost respect. I could never do the job that she does because I would lack financial independence... it takes a woman of great faith to do such a thing in this day and age. And my brother is damn lucky to have a woman like her in his life and raising his children and he knows it. He expects her to call him at WORK should she have a concern, regardless of how trivial, because he wants to make sure that she is happy. To quote the bible Eph 5:25-28:

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[b] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.

No man would treat himself the way you suggest a wife should be treated if he was truly Christian.

And furthermore, don’t even start with the “the husband is the head of the household and the wife should submit to him” argument. Because if the husband is the head, the wife is the neck (his support) and if you break the neck the head becomes useless. Have a nice day, honey.

 
At 2/5/06 6:14 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Holy crap Bubbles! Your whole family is batshit insane! Hey Bubbles, did you let Tina beat the crap out of your kids when she babysat? What about your sister-in-law? Does she get to beat the crap out of them if she's closest and you can't reach??

 
At 2/5/06 8:07 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

This is surreal.

 
At 2/5/06 8:14 PM, Blogger Defective Writer said...

Now honey, I don't recall having called you any names or claiming you were insane. I haven't reverted to that behavior since I was 12 and I refuse to engage in a name calling contest. I'm an adult and expect when I present an argument to receive a counter-argument. You have yet to address any of the points made by my sil or I or any other person who has commented on this post. It has been my experience that the reason people revert to childish behavior is because they lack the knowledge, facts, and intelligence to back up their statements. With the exception of saying "Look Bitch" (which is more of the figurative language that you seem to have such trouble with... sorry) I did not call you anything but presented you with my opinion and my arguments in favor of my opinion. If you insist on posting advise to people, you must have the fortitude (this means courage) and the intelligence to back up your advice, NOT pick a statement, take it out of context and repeatedly badger someone with it, even after they have explained themselves... So, I challenge you: let go of that one little statement (beating the crap...) and argue in favor of your post. And while you're at it, please, please explain to me why you think I'm crazy or as you so eloquently put it "batshit insane". I'm curious as to what I said exactly to lead you to that conclusion. If I receive nothing but another immature attempt at pushing my buttons I will assume that you are just as ignorant and childish as you have appeared so far. I'm literally begging you to prove me wrong. And by all means, if you can put forth an argument that is constructively detailed, we can continue this debate. However, if only childish rhetoric ensues then I refuse to waste even one ounce more of energy at my keyboard typing to such a being, even to defend my sil, whom I love very much. I instead will choose another way to express what a wonderful person she is and not waste that praise on people who cannot appreciate it.

 
At 2/5/06 9:32 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Defect,

I don't debate with batshit insane people.

 
At 2/5/06 9:42 PM, Blogger Cayora said...

Do you debate with sane people, AnnieAngel? Just out of curiousity.

 
At 2/5/06 9:54 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Of course I do. But debating advice is stoopid and only a batshit insane person would think it isn't. With advice, you take it or leave it. It's just that simple.

 
At 3/5/06 3:51 AM, Blogger Hazel said...

Actually... I've just looked at that "Good Christian Wifewear" and... well, you're a poor joke, Annie. You're probably affecting some susceptible people to follow your supposed ideas.

Or maybe you really are ferreal but either way, it's all a bit cringeworthy, is it not, what with thongs to fit juniors and all?

Hazel

 
At 3/5/06 5:42 AM, Blogger Defective Writer said...

Just as I figured. Honey, you are either a very delusional person or very good at playing "the game" and marketing yourself.

 
At 3/5/06 7:29 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Defect,

You should really use paragraph breaks so it's harder to tell you're also Bubbles and Tina.

 
At 3/5/06 9:04 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

I know not everyone is here to troll me, you're probably not even from the same country as the trolls!

 
At 3/5/06 10:56 AM, Blogger Cayora said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/5/06 5:05 PM, Blogger Secret-Lotus-Blossoming-In-The-Night said...

Rockin, Annie.
Beautifully written, as always. You never fail to brighten my day with your posts.
=)

 
At 6/5/06 11:35 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Thanks girls! It's REFRESHING to see some sisterhood around here!

God Bless You! And America! We are the truly blessed. :)

 
At 7/5/06 8:20 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

No. Prostitot is a term for young girls who dress like whores.

 
At 18/5/06 9:31 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

I bet your Grandmother would agree with my rules....so what are you saying about her? Just because you think you're so great for acting like a whore and being a slut, doesn't mean that everyone else will be all PC and agree that you're being a good example or a good person.

I'm aghast that YOU exist. REPENT!

 
At 19/5/06 1:03 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

The topic of my thread is not my user profile.

The topic of my thread is not "let's call Annie a whore."

Please keep that in mind if you wish to continue posting here.

 
At 20/5/06 12:31 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

I think it's obvious my articles are not meant for you, sinner.

Have a nice day!

 
At 22/5/06 9:06 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Well that was almost coherent, but not quite.

 
At 10/8/06 2:20 PM, Blogger Joolya said...

I am also curious about the hot leg pictures and half-naked thursday alluded to in your blog. based on that, i assume this is tounge-in-cheek.
no?
if not, then I am mad confused and wonder what the hell you are talking about.
Maybe Annie has split personalities?

 
At 21/9/06 4:48 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Wow, you sure wasted your time, didn't you?

Find Jesus.

 
At 11/10/06 9:45 PM, Blogger Joolya said...

"Most likely Joolya is a lesbian"

my darling, you WISH! but i'm just not that into you.

 
At 13/10/06 1:47 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

I'm not your darling. Sheesh, stop stalking me! I'm not into you at all!

 
At 4/12/06 8:54 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Notice: All non-topic posts will be removed.

 
At 22/12/06 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I don't debate with batshit insane people."
So, by your logic, anyone who hits their kids is insane? Yet you advocate it.
This just proves that you demonize those who disagree with you, no matter what.

 
At 8/1/07 4:29 PM, Blogger {ann} said...

I thought this original post was hilarious. It's supposed to be hilarious right? Or not?

 
At 17/4/07 2:49 PM, Blogger Katherine Grandstrand said...

I think it's funny that Annie Angel is so against WHORES... yet her profile pic is highly suggestive. It almost looks like she's sitting there like a WHORE in only her high heels (invented by man to make women's butts look better) with her see you next tuesday hanging out for the world to see.

 
At 28/4/07 9:24 AM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Another jealous woman, there are just so many!

And one with a filthy mind that she wishes to transfer to me.

Sick! I have beautiful legs, God gave them to me and I'm not gonna hide them. You see them and go nuts because you are jealous.

Seek help! And a gym!

And just for future reference, things made by "man" could be made by men or women, I think you meant to say "a man."

Same mistake as Armstrong.

Idiot.

 
At 28/4/07 3:37 PM, Blogger hersheygrl8 said...

what i dont understand is, u say girls shouldn't date, and they shouldnt go to dances, but they can dance at their wedding.

if there is no dating allowed whatsoever, how are they supposed to find a husband?

one often dates the man first before she marries him.

 
At 30/4/07 1:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Annie,

Do me a favor? Get some prozac or psychiatric help, quick, before someone with a limited IQ reads this and imagines it to be good advice.

You're one nutty whacko, lady.

 
At 6/5/07 10:54 PM, Blogger AnnieAngel said...

Dressed like a whore? Or sitting like a whore?? Make up your mind.

Because my legs are bare, and they are also crossed.

You are obviously a closet lesbian transferring her pent up sexual frustrations into anger against women who you lust after.

I'm not interested. Seek your thrills elsewhere.

 
At 17/6/08 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is how I was raised. Sometimes I feel so trapped in my own home. I wish I had a bit of freedom.
There is such a thing as coddling and this is what you do when you raise your daughter this way.

 
At 17/7/08 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with AnnieAngel 100%. If she has good legs, why should she not be able to show them off? She is NOT dressed like a whore, nor posing like one either. Thats easy to see. I also agree that you must be a closet lesbian who is angry at the world for not liking your kind.

 
At 27/9/10 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please update your parenting values to AFTER the womens liberation cause if you think that's all a women's life is about then I feel sorry for your children. Cause, to be frank, I'd be going stir crazy if I were in there shoes. Women have so many oppurtunites now for jobs and successful lives and you are stifling the possiblity of creative and imaginitive thinking in children that had so much promise. They won't have lives, they'll just be empty shells. We aren't meant to be slaves to men.

 
At 28/11/10 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your children are going to be serial killers if you raise them like this. I feel sorry for you that you were so abused and silenced as a little girl. You don't need to allow this to be posted, but I want you to look into a book called walking on eggshells. That is the future you are advocating for your children. I believe you sound like a borderline/bipolar mother waiting to happen.

 
At 2/12/10 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is a girl to find a husband if she is not allowed to date? Just saying...

 
At 10/8/11 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ANNIE ANGEL - You need to see a psychiatrist and you desperately need medication for your mental disease. Don't leave it until it's too late! You are clearly not in the right frame of mind and your judgement and head is clouded. The gospel is God's precious message and you are taking away from it and adding things to it. Be very careful with how you treat God's word. But for your sake, the sake of your ''kids'' and the sake of whoever comes in contact with you, SEEK HELP from a psychiatrist. PLEASE. YOU ARE MENTALLY DISABLED.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home